WordPress is a free open-source website creation tool based on PHP and MySQL and it’s the most popular CMS in the market.
It allows users to fully customize website appearance and functionality with thousands of free and paid themes, plug-ins and widgets.
This software is capable of creating almost any type of dynamic website and many large and popular blogs, corporate sites, news outlets, e-commerce stores, music sites and even Fortune 500 corporations use this web publishing platform to power their online presence.
WordPress is totally dominating the global website builder industry for several reasons.
This content management system is easy to use and very user friendly.
It is extremely powerful, flexible and extensible and it’s useful for creating SEO-friendly websites.
Since no HTML coding is required, almost anyone with reasonable computer skills can set up, manage and maintain a website or a blog successfully.
The application simplifies and accelerates the entire process of managing, styling and publishing common web content such as website pages, blog posts, images, videos and other media files.
About WordPress Hosting
Due to the system’s simplicity, almost all professional hosts in the market offer packages that meet the minimum technical demands of WordPress, in terms of required hardware and software resources, which include PHP and MySQL.
However, providing the minimum requirements is not enough to constitute as a quality WP hosting service.
Some companies offer a web hosting environment made specifically for WordPress powered websites and provide unique features, services, capabilities and an overall technological infrastructure that work best with this CMS and designed to run it better.
WordPress-focused companies that specialize in this content management platform offer hardware, software and network solutions that have been optimized and tweaked to better meet the system’s unique performance and security needs.
Such WP-friendly features may include easy one-click WordPress installs, automatic core software and plugin updates, special server configuration, useful tools, support team of WordPress experts and more.
Types of WordPress Web Hosting
One of the main keys to successful website hosting is choosing the right company as well as a suitable plan that will do the job well.
Not all WP hosting options are created equal and choosing the most appropriate one can often be confusing, overwhelming and sometimes even a painful process.
The required solution needs to offer a solid architecture engineered to deliver superb performance, rock-solid reliability, fast page load speeds, enhanced security, excellent support, user-friendly control panel and in addition, consider the individual needs of the specific client’s blog or site.
There are four main types of WordPress hosting options available:
- Shared WordPress Hosting: Most simple, affordable and popular package for most common users. Great for beginners, personal blog owners and small-business sites. It’s the most basic, low-end product of the web-hosting industry.
- VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server): A good “middle of the road” type of solution for websites that are too large or resource-intensive to perform well on shared hosting setup, but don’t justify having their own dedicated server.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: Ideal option for large, heavily trafficked websites and for users that need complete control over their own physical machine as well as for full server resources.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Such services serve only WordPress run websites. They are responsible for running the infrastructure for the client and the entire technical side is taken care of by them.
These types of packages may include things like WP update installation, server-side caching, speed, security, backups, staging sites, website performance optimization etc.
Before Choosing: Features to Consider
In order to make sure that you make the right decision as a consumer, it is crucial to conduct proper research and verify that certain hosting features that you need are actually being offered by the providers that you consider.
Doing so will help you decide which company is the best fit for your individual needs.
Such features may include:
- Payment via PayPal
- Free Domain
- Free SSL Certificate
- cPanel Control Panel
- Staging Environment
- Page Caching
- CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Automatic Daily Backups
- Dedicated IP Address
- eCommerce Features
- Advanced Security
- Malware & Vulnerability Scanning
- DDoS protection
- SSH Access
- Latest PHP & MySQL Versions
- Free Themes & Plugins
- Money Back Guarantee / Free Trial
Paying for WordPress Hosting Services with PayPal
Many popular WordPress friendly webhosts in the market accept a variety of payment methods, including PayPal.