What is a Logo?
A logo is a distinctive graphically designed element, which often includes a stylized name, unique symbol, specified colors or trademark.
This easily recognizable visual mark represents and identifies a company, an organization, a product or a service.
A logo is usually the first visual symbol a new company develops as it starts operating.
It’s the first step of the branding process and a fundamental aspect of business marketing.
It’s the foundation of any brand which carries a significant importance, since a very complex idea is needs to be appropriately represented through the platform of a single image.
It serves as visual shorthand for a company, organization, product or service and conveys their identity in a creative and memorable way.
It’s one of the most basic forms of form of visual communication and it’s used to deliver the message, image and position as well as manifest all the aspirations and missions of its owner in a quick and effective way.
A corporate logo is intended to be the “face” of a company and to visually, emotionally and symbolically reflect the unique identity of the brand through shape, color, size, typography and general graphic presentation.
Logos are broadly used by businesses and organizations for their letterhead, printed and digital advertising material, business cards, literature, stationery and signs as an emblem by which those entities can easily be identified and recognized.
Benefits of Having a Well-Designed Logo
- Can create a great first impression.
- A superb marketing and branding tool.
- Demonstrates business professionalism, credibility and seriousness.
- Attracts more customers and as a result increases sales.
- Helps developing a good image in the market.
- Helps to stand out and differentiate a business from the competition.
- Builds business legitimacy and increases customers’ confidence.
- Helps to create a desired brand identity.
- Tells your unique company’s story.
- Communicates your brand’s personality.
- Helps to build reputation and become more memorable.
Types of Logos
The main types and styles of logo design are:
- Symbol / Icon: Uses only literal or abstract styled visual imagery to represent the business.
- Logotype / Wordmark: Consisted only of text, the letters of the name, often with uniquely styled fonts.
- Combination Marks: A logo combining wordmarks as well as graphic symbols.
- Lettermark: A typographic based symbol, comprised of a few letters, usually the company’s initials.
- Emblem: An icon and wordmark encased within a creative design, such as a badge, a seal or a crest.
Professional Logo Design Process
In most cases, the order process comprises of 5 simple steps:
Step 1: A Creative Brief
The customer provides all the necessary information about the business or organization, target audience, vision and philosophy, strategic goals, specific design preferences and other important information.
This is usually done through a friendly questionnaire form.
Step 2: Brainstorming & Research
Based on the submitted inputs, brainstorming sessions and online research are conducted in order to come up with the right creative direction for the project.
Step 3: Initial Concepts
The customer gets a few different logo concepts for review (sometimes, from different designers).
Each one carries its own unique style or ‘voice’, so a design can be chosen from a variety of perspectives.
Step 4: Revisions
The client can select the favorite design, provide detailed feedback and ask for revisions, changes or tweaks.
Step 5: Approval
The customer approves the finished work and gets the logo in multiple formats (web and print-ready art files).
Who Needs a Logo?
Logos are commonly used by various types of entities, such as:
- All types of businesses, from freelancers, small businesses and startups to large established corporations.
- Government agencies
- Schools and universities
- Bands and music groups
- Sports teams
Paying for a Custom Logo with PayPal
Many popular graphic design agencies as well as crowdsourcing sites in the market accept a variety of payment methods, including PayPal.
Before Choosing: Features to Consider
In order to make sure that you receive optimal benefit from using this type of service, it is crucial to conduct proper research and verify that certain features that you need are actually being offered by the providers that you consider.
Doing so will help you decide which company is the best fit for your individual needs.
Such features may include:
- Payment via PayPal
- A dedicated logo designer
- Free unlimited concepts
- Free unlimited revisions / redraws
- Stationery design (business cards, letterheads, etc)
- Satisfaction Assurance / Money back guarantee
- Full copyright ownership
- Industry-specific designers