Casual and formal dresses are widely recognized as a classic symbol of femininity and an essential part of many women’s wardrobe.
Searching for a new stunning outfit can be an exciting as well as overwhelming experience, especially if it is purchased for an important occasion.
The entire process often translates to tremendous pressure to find the perfect dress and it happens for obvious reasons.
Making the wrong choice will not only result in a huge loss of a hard earned money.
The looming risk of ending up with an embarrassing fashion disaster that will attract the wrong type of attention and draw nasty comments is always a serious source for pre-shopping anxiety.
This tricky mission needs to factor in a few critical aspects, such as the ability of the dress to highlight attractive body features, tone down unattractive ones, harmoniously complement skin and hair colors, be age-appropriate, match the woman’s individual personality, character and style and create a well-balanced overall look.
Another key factor to consider, is the shopper’s unique body figure type (such as hourglass, apple, banana, pear or other).
Since different dress shapes and styles are more flattering on certain body types, it is important for customers to identify their individual body shape in order to get the fit of the dress right.
In addition, it is extremely important to have accurate bust, hip and waist measurements before placing an order, as this is crucial for determining fit and size.
One of the best ways to display a magnificent dress and add glamour, elegance and class to the complete look is to pair it with great looking shoes and sophisticated accessories, such as jewelry, handbags, belts and hats.
What Do Dress Websites Offer?
Online retailers offer a broad selection of women’s dresses in a wide variety of different designs, colors, fabrics, cuts, styles and textures.
Formal dresses and evening gowns come in many shapes and forms.
In addition, there are varying levels of formality and specific types of dresses that are appropriate for each level as well as the specific nature of the given occasion.
Most of the sites provide helpful information, detailed measurement guidance, useful tips and accurate size charts in order to facilitate the challenging selection process.
Careful thinking, thorough planning and strong attention to detail is crucial before choosing the ideal evening dress for an important event.
Special occasion dresses come in in a variety of colors, fits and styles.
The following list includes the main types of women’s evening wear for formal as well as semi-formal events.
- Prom Dresses: Traditional ladies’ dresses or fancy evening gowns that are typically worn by graduating teenage girls only one time, on the magical prom night.
This major social and cultural event is a formal dance which is usually held at high-school, towards the end of the academic year.
- Homecoming Dresses: Annual homecoming dance events are semi-formal in nature and take place in the fall, around the beginning of the school year.
The dress is a little less formal and more on the casual side, compared to the ones that are worn in prom parties and its length can be much shorter – at knee length or a little above the knees.
- Wedding Dresses: Perhaps the most carefully chosen clothing item, worn by a bride on her big day, during the wedding ceremony.
The bridal gown is a special and very symbolic garment and as such, it’s one of the most important purchases a woman will ever make, in order to create a memorable, once in a lifetime experience.
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Typically, this dress is chosen early in the planning stages by the bride and it’s up to the bridesmaid to buy it and have it properly altered to fit.
They are usually designed in one plain color in order to complement the event’s unique colors, style and feel and provide a contrast matching for the bride’s white wedding gown.
- Mother of the Bride (or Groom) Dresses: Designed to make mom as well as other special guests who are mature women (like grandmothers, aunts, etc.) look elegant and extra special on the memorable wedding day.
- Evening Dresses: Commonly associated with glamour and beauty, this type of clothing is worn by women to high-class formal or official events (like balls, black tie events, gala dinners, etc.) which take place in the evening.
Paying for Evening Dresses with PayPal
Many popular dress and gown ecommerce sites in the market accept PayPal and take a variety of other payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, wire transfers, gift cards and more.