For most people who experience the fast-paced 21st century reality of constantly juggling multiple daily life’s responsibilities, taking the time to find perfect gifts for friends and family members can be pretty frustrating and time consuming.
The pressure, stress (and sometimes even panic) which are closely associated with the legitimate desire to choose the right gift are sometimes difficult to avoid.
Shopping under such a negative and counterproductive state of mind often leads to overspending and to an increased likelihood of buying a present that will not be truly appreciated by the recipient.
Naturally, looking for great gift ideas at the 11th hour is not always easy and the available practical solutions under such pressing circumstances are quite limited.
When the clock is ticking and going to a local mall is no longer a viable option or when there’s no clear idea what to actually buy, a different approach needs to be adopted.
One of the best ways to quickly solve a pressing gift problem and avoid the humiliating embarrassment of accidentally not sending a present on birthdays, holidays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or other celebrations and special life events – is to simply send it online, by the power of email.
What is an eGift?
Digital or electronic gift cards are virtual certificates that are issued to the intended recipient via email, instant messaging app, social networks, mobile phone text message or other common electronic methods.
Alternatively, they can be printed out and hand-delivered to the giftee by the purchaser.
In most cases, such gift cards can be redeemed either in physical stores (just like a traditional plastic card) or on the internet, in shopping and commercial service websites.
This modern, technology oriented solution offers a painless way to buy thoughtful gifts that will deliver extremely fast.
Online gifts offer many features and advantages both for the sender and the giftee.
The following list contains some of the most notable ones:
- Hassle-free: Unparalleled convenience and ease of buying and delivery.
Can be shopped from the comfort of the consumer’s home computer or smartphone.
In addition, there’s no need to worry about obtaining the correct size, design, color or coping with pricey shipping fees.
- Instant direct delivery option: in many cases the virtual certificate can be sent and delivered immediately after the order is approved by the vendor, in a matter of seconds or minutes.
- Simplicity: Ease of redemption ensures highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Personalization options: Many merchants offer the ability to add a personal touch, by customizing the gift with creative greetings, photos or videos.
- Great for emergencies: It’s never too late to give this type of emailable last-minute gift.
Some online gift cards can be scheduled for future delivery on a given day and time – even months in advance.
- Flexible Dollar amounts: Available in a wide variety of monetary denominations.
The buyer can choose the exact amount he would like to put on the electronic card.
- Can be purchased 24 hours a day, even in the middle of the night, from any PC or cell phone.
- Freedom: The recipients get to choose their own products or services, according to their individual needs, taste or preferences, so it’s a good choice even for the most difficult-to-please people on the list.
- No wasted time: Avoiding the long lines in brick and mortar stores and the last-minute gift shopping rush.
- Egifts are easily accessible from multiple internet-connected devices and can’t be lost.
- An awesome gift, employee reward, incentive or perk to receive.
Types of Common Online Gifts
Popular digital gifting options are varied and include:
- Virtual gift certificates, cards and vouchers for ecommerce sites.
- Subscriptions to online services (TV, music, video, etc).
- Exciting ‘real-life’ activity and experience gifts.
- Commercial website premium memberships.
- Charitable donation in someone’s name.
Digital gifts are an ideal solution for different types of customers:
- Last minute gift shoppers
- Chronic procrastinators
- People with serious memory problems
- Diehard online shopping enthusiasts
- Individuals with busy lifestyles
Paying for Email Gifts with PayPal
Many online gift companies in the market accept a variety of payment methods, including PayPal.