From babies, infants and toddlers to preschool and school-aged children, kids of all ages are fascinated by toys, toy stores and everything that revolves this gigantic universe.
Playtime is an integral aspect of every childhood, an activity the young ones truly enjoy and appreciate.
Parents often use these handy items as an effective method to keep their little ones occupied, at least for a little while, so they can get a much-deserved break from the challenges of raising a little boy or girl.
However, other than being an easy source for leisure, amusement, entertainment and fun when the child is bored, toys and games offer other, more meaningful benefits to youngsters of all ages, which are essential to healthy child development:
- Developing and practicing the child’s language and basic communication skills as well as their ability to express feelings and emotions.
- Learning gross and fine motor skills, improving eye-hand coordination and promoting fundamental physical abilities.
- Practical learning through play can develop cognitive thinking (cause and effect), help kids grow smarter and sharper, practice decision-making skills, discover strengths and weaknesses and offer an intellectual challenge.
- Developing a sense of safety, good mood and emotional well-being.
- Group play promotes building social skills, encourages kids to share their most treasured belongings with others and helps interacting, forming relationships and friendships, negotiating, learning how to compromise and resolving conflicts peacefully.
- Playtime offers a great platform for maintaining strong parent-child bonds.
- Unstructured play encourages independence, self-confidence, leadership, self-esteem, creativity, sense of discovery and gets the kids’ energy out.
Good toys engage a child’s senses, help absorb and process information and get a better understanding of their world, spark their imaginations, promote creative play, foster growth and learning and encourage them to interact with other kids.
Successfully selecting the right toy from almost endless possibilities can be very rewarding and exciting to both the adult and the child and can result in memorable and meaningful family time that will be cherished for years to come.
Obviously, products need to be 100% safe, appropriate for the child’s age and individual abilities, should not contain any potential hazards, must be nontoxic and should be easily cleaned and maintained.
Children can be exposed to a variety of toy, game, project and activity options, so that they can get a decent opportunity to experiment with as many alternatives as possible, appreciate each and every styles while discovering their own areas of interest and forming their own opinion, personal taste and individual preferences.
Here are some of the product categories that can be found in any typical toy shopping site on the web:
- Baby Toys
- Educational Toys
- Board Games
- Arts & Crafts for Kids
- Kids’ Bikes & Riding Toys
- Building Blocks & Sets
- Play Kitchen Sets
- Action Figures
- Dolls & Dollhouses
- Stuffed Animals
- Pretend Play & Dress Up
- Electronics, Tech Toys
- Movies & Music
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Outdoor Play
- Kids’ Sports & Swimming Pools
- Cars, Trucks, Trains & RC
- Drones & Quadcopters
- Gag Gifts
- Classic & Retro
- Video Games
- Kids Furniture
What Do Toy Websites Offer?
Online retailers offer a huge selection of kid-friendly toys from all major brands that include the hottest must-haves and trendiest hits alongside classic favorites, unique games and even small niche items.
Toys are usually being bought by parents, grandparents or as a gift to the child of a friend, coworker or family relative.
Buying toys, games and puzzles online is a great way to avoid the hassle, crowds, long lines, limited parking space and high prices associated with shopping at brick and mortar stores.
In addition, local shops often face inventory problems when it comes to high demand items.
Shoppers can easily search and find items by category, user’s age, gender, character / theme, price range or brand.
The major sites in this market offer additional useful features that include wish lists, a gift registry, bestseller lists, new launches as well as consumer safety tips and product recall information.
Paying for Children’s Toys with PayPal
Many popular toy ecommerce sites in the market accept PayPal and take a variety of other payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, wire transfers, gift cards and more.