Decades after its invention, email still plays a significant role in the 21st century’s digital world.
This fast, reliable, convenient and inexpensive method for personal and business communication has revolutionized the way people exchange information, share news and ideas and interact with one another.
Messages can be sent and delivered electronically within seconds to anyone with a valid address from a computer, smartphone or other devices that are connected to the internet.
Users can send written texts and attach documents, files, images, videos and other forms of media.
Web-based e-mail applications (aka webmail) enable users to access their account from anywhere in the world, using their PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
While most individuals use this technology for keeping in touch with family members and friends, online businesses use it as an effective marketing channel.
Purpose of Email Marketing
Email marketing is one aspect of internet marketing and can be used to impact consumers in a variety of different ways.
Commercial messages that are sent to subscribers provide a low-cost method to advertise businesses and what they offer to a targeted audience in a personalized way.
Building efficient direct email marketing campaigns can be used for a variety of purposes:
- Promotion of products and services to consumers.
- Sending informational, engagement and transactional emails.
- Increasing website, blog or online store traffic and strengthening online presence.
- Development of long-term relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Staying connected to customers, keeping them informed in real time.
- Enrichment of B2B and B2C communications with targeted messaging.
- Building customer loyalty and encouraging repeat purchases.
- Strengthening brand recognition and consumer interest levels.
- Maximizing a one-to-one correspondence experience with subscribers.
- Generating leads and increasing sales.
- Promoting sales with coupons, discounts and special offers.
Many view email marketing as the online version of traditional printed direct mail campaigns.
It’s one of the most effective and profitable ways to reach a desired target audience, which usually offers trackable results, high ROI and the biggest bang for the buck.
Finding the right software to gather subscribers, manage campaigns and spread the messages is a critical task, as the market is full of great product options.
What Do Email Marketing Websites Offer?
Professional email marketing services help businesses of all sizes to reach their target market by providing them with the capability to send commercial messages to segmented groups of people using email.
They provide easy-to-use online software that enables their customers to manage email lists, segment users into targeted groups, initiate campaigns, use marketing automation tools, create highly engaging emails, track their performance and measure the results.
Examples of common email communication include:
- Welcome emails
- New content announcement
- Product updates
- Digital magazines and newsletters
- Event invitation
- Shopping cart abandonment reminders
- Time-sensitive promotions
- Confirmation or receipt emails
- Order status updates
- Sales follow-ups
- Review and customer survey requests
Most companies operate under the SaaS (Software as a Service) licensing and delivery model, meaning that the software is web-based, hosted on the cloud and can be accessed on the internet whenever needed through any conventional web browser.
Typical customers of such system providers include small businesses and startups, mid-sized and large companies, ecommerce sites, online service providers, professional bloggers, internet marketers and other high volume senders from all industries.
In addition, customers from other sectors include nonprofits, charities, religious organizations, political parties, candidates and groups and others use this platform to connect with donors and supporters.
Most platforms offer a significant free trial period, which enables potential customers to test drive different providers and evaluate their services, features, functionality, user friendliness and customer support.
In most cases, no credit-card is required for the trial, so users can experiment with a variety of tools freely without risk, compare “apples to apples” and only then choose a company and subscribe to a plan that suits their strategy and needs.
Typical features of such web software include:
- A WYSIWYG visual editor which enables the creation and submission of emails.
- Well-designed, customizable, responsive email template library.
- Subscriber and email contact list management.
- Contact segmentation.
- Mass electronic mail delivery.
- Lead information capturing via web forms, landing pages etc.
- Marketing process automation tools.
- Drip campaign delivery
- A/B testing
- CAN-SPAM compliance
- Message open rate and click-through tracking.
- Campaign-based reporting and analytics.
- Integration with third-party systems, platforms, services and products.
Paying for Email Marketing Services with PayPal
Many popular email marketing providers in the market accept PayPal and take a variety of other payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, wire transfers and more.